Friday, April 4, 2008

Critérium International 2008 Part I

The 2008 edition of Critérium International was held on 29th-30th
March. I visited the last two stages on Sunday.


This young man of Skil-Shimno recently gained a lot of attention
when he made his mark on the climb of Paris-Nice. Clément Lhôtellerie
is his name. Here he was being interviewed.



The interviewer is a friendly guy. I met him in 2007 at Paris-Nice (Paris),
Critérium International, Dauphiné Libéré and possibly at other race events.



Laurens Ten Dam. He was wearing the yellow leader jersey. I think his
bar tape was freshly taped for this occasion courtesy of Rabobank mechanic.
Unfortunately he had to give the jersey up to Jens Voigt.



A Française des Jeux rider and a bunch of Cofidis riders heading to the start.



Another Française des Jeux rider.



What is the significance of the photo? Can you tell me? The answer is
shown all the way down this entry. I give you possible answers that you
can choose from.
  1. The woman walking ahead of me is Naomi Campbell.
  2. You can see a mysterious creature on the lake, like "Nessie".
  3.  Bouygues Telecom rider is making the final preparation before the race.



The start. You can see Ten Dam.



I think the man sticking upper torso from the official car is Christian Prudhomme.
I saw him later at the finish.



There he is! The winner-to-be, Jens Voigt.



Immediately after the finish, Jens Voigt congratulated Gerrans.



Gerrans happy and being congratulated by the team staff.


The Anwer: 3

A rider was called by the nature and had to go before the start.

No comments: