Monday, May 26, 2008

Bayern-Rundfahrt 2008 Part I

Team CSC accepted the invitation at the last minute. Team CSC participates
2008 edition of Bayern-Rundfahrt.
According to  

Bayern-Rundfahrt (planned) participants according to Team CSC official site.
  1. Lars Bak
  2. Matti Breschel
  3. Lasse Bøchman
  4. Karsten Kroon
  5. Marcus Ljungqvist
  6. Stuart O'Grady
  7. André Steensen
And according to Cyclingnews.com, Bradley McGee is also participating.
We may have two Aussies with broken collarbones. If and when McGee is
there, I will get his autograph.

Team CSC announced that they would participate in BR on May 21st. Until
then I had no plan of going to see the race. I will go visit the riders on Sunday,
June 1st. The parcours is between Bad Neustadt a.d.Saale and Erlangen with
a feed zone somewhere between Mühlendorf and Unteraurach. I am planning to
see the start, feed zone and finish if possible.



Tour de Luxembourg (planned) participants according to Team CSC official site.
  1. Kurt-Asle Arvesen
  2. Fabian Cancellara
  3. Volodymir Gustov
  4. Juan José Haedo
  5. Bobby Julich
  6. Stuart O'Grady
  7. Andy Schleck
  8. Fränk Schleck
It will be the first time this season for me to see JJ Haedo. I will get his autograph.
And I will get one from Fabian Cancellara. I could get it at Roubaix but I held out
on it.

If I get McGee to autograph my jersey at BR and Haedo and Cancellara to do so 
at TdL, my jersey will be loaded with 27 autographs. Two more to go then.

Iñigo Cuesta Lopez de Castro and Jason McCartney must give me their autograph.



Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré participants according to Team CSC official site.
  1. Lars Bak
  2. Iñigo Cuesta Lopez de Castro
  3. Alexandr Kolobnev
  4. Karsten Kroon
  5. Carlos Sastre Candil
  6. Chris Anker Sørensen
  7. Nicki Sørensen
  8. Jurgen Van Goolen
Last year I was there to see all the stages. It was great! I enjoyed myself. I enjoyed
painting on the street.

Unfortunately this year I decided not to be there simply because the race is held in
a "too remote" region. Avignon is over 800km from my home. Instead, I decided to 
see Tour de Suisse.

No comments: