Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rund um den Henninger-Turm

May 1st, traditionally known as May Day, I went to see Rund um den Henninger-Turm.
It was my third time to be there. I was there in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

I drove directly to the feed zone (ravitaillement)  in the morning. I was there
around 3:00 in the morning! I took a brief nap and then started painting around
4:00 in the morning.


The bike of the winner in the morning. Tony had just checked out his bike.



At the brief team presentation, Karsten Kroon is being interviewed. The man
asked him what his tactics for the race would be that day. Karsten answered in
German (I did not get the exact words as my German is poor) that he would
try to finish in front of others at the finish. The audience laughed but who
had the last laugh? Karsten Kroon himself as he did it!!!



Andy's bike had the SRM transmitter. You could watch his output on TV
thanks to this equipment. You saw that "A. Schleck  400W" or something
on the screen, didn't you?



Karsten, Matthew and Andy preparing for the race.



For Karsten Kroon. The winner of the race. I hope he saw his name.



For Matthew Goss. My camera responds so slowly that I did not notice
at the time when I took this picture that a car was running over his
name. Maybe I need a better camera.



For Andy Schleck. Notice the "Ma" above? It is part of Ma-tthew.



For Andre Steensen.


For Lasse Bochman


For Lars Bak.



And the CSC logo.





to be continued......

No comments: