Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bayern Rundfahrt Part I

Bayern Rundfahrt is a stage race held in Bayern Germany. I have never
been to this particular race before. This year, however, I will watch the
last stage, 5th, on Sunday 3rd June.

This race was not on my initial race watch schedule because I did not 
know if the sunday stage would be held somewhere near my town.
More importantly, I wanted to save my money so that I had enough
money for Tour de France.

When the official site announced the stage details, I found that the
the last stage was to take place in an area closer to me. When Team
CSC's participating riders were announced and I knew Carlos Sastre
was on the team, I firmly decided to go watch the race.

The fifth stage starts in a city called Rothenburg and ends in Fürth
near Nürnberg. No problem. I can drive to Fürth early Sunday
morning. Garmin MapSource indicates that I have to take "B (not
highway but normal road) " insted of "A (highway)" almost
all the way.

It will be the first time to see Carlos this season. He takes part in only
selective races since he is concentrating on TdF as everybody knows.

Some of the Bayern Rundfahrt members are TdF members, I think.
Frank Schleck and Jens Voigt are definately on the TdF team. How 
about Karsten Kroon, Stuart O'Grady or Nicki Sørensen?

Who are going to be on Team CSC TdF team, anyway? Only 9 riders
can ride at TdF and there are more than 9 riders who want to be there.

Jens Voigt is participating in this race as he has won this race so many
times and using this race as his preparation for TdF. He noted he
would also participate in Tour de Suisse. That means he would not 
be in Eindhoven at Team Time Trial this year.

It has been reported on cyclingnews.com that Rabobank wants 
Karsten Kroon (back) as its Dutch star rider Michael Bogerd is
retiring at the end of 2007. It needs a replacement Dutch rider.

After reading this article, I went to LBL and kept a close eye on him.
And this happened. Before the real start of the race, riders were 
swapping gossips.



The two Dutch were side by side seemingly talking to each other
about something like "I'm out and you're in"?

No comments: