Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tour de France 2007 Part I

The official site has finally posted the time schedules for all the stages. 
These schedules are very important since I have to know exactly where
they run and eat. I am planning to watch those flat stages in UK, Belgium 
and France at the start, ravitaillement and finish. Moving quickly to the
watch points needs a good planning. With those time schedules, I can
plan my move using Garmin MapSource. 

I think those official handbooks are coming to the local book stores, too.

I have those official handbooks of 2005 (German version) and 2006 
(German and French versions).

They are a bit different. I mean the German and French versions. They
(publishers who licnese the right to make the official handbooks) have
the same material from A.S.O (I presume) but they have the right to
pad or add local and their own material in that handbook.

For example, the German one has articles on German riders (Jan Ulrich,
of course) and the French one has more on French riders. Ads are
different for obvious reasons.

Anyway, this year, 2007, I will buy three versions at least. UK, German and
French handbooks. Do they accept Euro in UK? Do I have to change Euro
into British Pounds while I am in UK?

One months and a couple of weeks to go till TdF kicks off.

No comments: