Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tour de France 2007 Part II

Finally the official site announced the 21 names of the of invited teams. 
I am relieved to find Team CSC there. I am sorry for Unibet for not being
invited. After Patrice Clerc's comment, I don't think we can see Bjarne Riis
at the event. I saw these two men chat at Paris - Nice prologue and took
a picture of them. That was the honeymoon period and now the honey or 
milk has gone sour. 

Now I can concentrate on Tour de France. NOT! I am very much
distracted by Tour de Luxembourg. We have holidays. In Gemany 
June 7th is a holiday. I don't know why but I can accept the fatct.

I looked at the race calendar and realized that Tour de Luxembourg
would be held that particular day. I remember I almost went to
Tour de Luxembourg but did not because I had just bought a set
of ZIPP 404 tubular wheels a week or two weeks before and 
consequently did not have much money left.  ZIPP had a serious 
problem delivering their wheels at that particular time. My order
took over three weeks or so to be delivered. 

Tour de Luxembourg was not on Team CSC's race schedule this year.
So I had forgotten about the race until a few days ago.

I have not decided yet whether I should drive there or not. I have
been to Luxembourg. To be exact, I have driven to Belgium or 
France via Luxembourg. I know the gasoline is a bit cheaper there. 
This fact I came to know by accident. Honestly I just needed to fill 
up there and when the receipt came I was a little amused.  I heard
some people in Germany on the border drive to Luxembourg just 
to get cheaper gas. I am too away from Luxembourg to do that.

No comments: