Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré Part IV

The official site of Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré finally put up the
time table (Itinéraire de l'étape). I don't understand the reason the
time table of the prologue states its parcours is only 4.2km and it
starts in Grenoble and finishes in Grenoble. Others tell it is 7km
and it starts in Pont-de-Claix and ends in Grenoble. I have to wait
for a little while to see what is correct.

Another thing I noticed is there is no ravitaillement (feed zone) in
Stage 1, which has 219km of parcours. How do they manage to keep
nourished?

I also realized that the race would pass Col du Télégraphe in Stage 6
and Stage 7. But when they pass Col du Télégraphe the second time,
(as the start, Valloire, is already over 1,400m above see level) the
climb is only a slight bump in the parcours.

I thought that only Stage 7 had Col du Télégraphe. I have to make a
slight adjustment in the plan of Stage 6 watch. I will go watch the race
on top of Col du Télégraphe and pass Col de la Croix de Fer.

No comments: