Friday, September 21, 2007

3 Länder Tour (Germany) Part II

There has been a change in the selection of the participating members.
Fabian Cancellara is out and Bobby Julich is in. Fabian preferred to prepare
his form before World Championship elsewhere, maybe.

Anyway, there is no change in my plan. I will be there for them 23rd of September.

I will drive to and arrive at Weilstetten (1st Category hill) and do something.
Then I will move to Weilen Unter den Rinnen and sleep. The race will pass
there sometime before 15:00. Then I will drive to the Finish if possible.

On Saturday they will have the ITT. This ITT is, I think, decisive. Perhaps,
there will be no changing of jerseys on Sunday as many (or most?) of
stage races do not change the general classification order on the last day.


2006, I went to watch the last stage of 3-Laender Tour (Mannheim -
Frankfurt am Main). I saw the start and the finish. After the finish, Jens
Voigt got a birthday cake and we (spectators and riders) sang "A Happy
Birthday to you,..." for him.

(all pictures taken in 2006)

Jens Voigt receiving the cake with two sticks of firework on it.


Singing.

Karsten Kroon took a second stage win that day. Frank Schleck also kept the
red jersey.

Karsten Kroon with two pretty girls whose eyes never met. Do you know what
I mean? These two girls' eyes never met that day. There were absolutely no
eye contacts between them. It seemed like there was a competition between
these two girls. If I remember correctly (and it is not likely that I do but)
one girl was the podium girl that the race organizer selected and the other
was, as clearly recognizable, Queen Maritim (Hotel), who provided the
accommodation for the race organizers, team staff and riders etc..

The final podium.

Frank Schleck being applauded.

Smile! Girls!

One note: Before the start of the last stage, Sebastian Lang, in yellow jersery,
visited Team CSC bus for a few minutes. The reason for his visit is unknown.

Sebastian Lang knocking on the Team CSC bus door.

Before the start, a representative from Bauhaus, the red jersey sponsor,
came to see Frank Schleck.

No comments: