Monday, September 10, 2007

3 Länder Tour (Germany)

"3 laender" means three states in South Germany, namely, Hessen,
Baden-Württemberg and Thüringen. Some people have problems
reading some of these alphabets, so maybe I should write them as 'Hessen,
Baden-Wuerttemberg and Thueringen'.

I am going to visit the last and the final stage on 23rd of September.
The stage starts in Nürtingen and finishes in Bad Dürrheim.

Team CSC has posted the list of participating riders. Good members!
Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Lars Bak, Fabian Cancellara, Luke Roberts,
Fränk Schleck and Jens Voigt.

Thursday of that week, 27th of September, Fabian Cancellara will be riding
ITT to defned his World Champion title in Stuttgart. And of course, I will
be there for him and other Team CSC riders.

Anyway, my plan for 23rd is to get there early in the morning (3 a.m.?)
I am not yet sure where to go first. I have to study the parcours. They
don't have the course profile on their official site. I want to be at
"Weilen Unter den Rinnen", where the feed zone is when the race comes.

I think I am going to drive, first, to Weilstetten, where the Mountain Point is
set (892 meters above sea level). Weilstetten is not far from Weilen UdR.

After the race passes, I will probably drive to the finish. I have to study the
course to see if it is possible.


These photos were taken at Stage 14 of TdF 2007.


When Levi Leipheimer came with Carlos Sastre and others, Levi's family and
other Americans ran up along them. The man in the foreground wearing a
T-shirt with '3' is out of breath because he had also run.

The man with "Go Levi" logo on his back is Levi's father and the man in front
of him is Levi's brother Dave. On the road, you can see something is drawn.
It reads, "From Montana with Love" and something that I painted for the
Leipheimers. For that efforts, I got water, beer and sandwich from the
Leipheimers. I look forward to seeing them again next year!

Why are these pictures posted here? It has something to do
with what I am planning to do on 23rd of September at Weilstetten.

No comments: