Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne Report Part IV

This is the street where riders pass directly after the start. People 
are waiting for the race to start.

People are waiting.



Horses. I know horses.



A typical sleepy countryside village in Belgium.



The road is broad and separate bicycle lane is also there. I wish all the
streets are like this. I understand in Belgium or Netherlands bicycle lanes 
are very common and bikers are well respected.



I thought I had a traffic jam in the middle of nowhere before realizing
what was ahead of me in the distance.



See the riders?



You see the team cars passing the roundabout.



This is the roundabout where some rider crashed and I had
to wait while the race passed. They came on N8.



The riders are not part of the race. This stretch of road are actual
race course. I saw quite a lot of road racers along the course. 



These motorhomes are there for the race. They were already on the
move when I passed. I saw another motorhome with a big logo
of "Jimmy Casper Fan Club" on it. People are really enjoying the race
in Belgium.



It is an electrical technician shop (equipment installation work, I guess).
The name Bruneel looked similar to Bruyneel as Johan Bruyneel of
Astana. It must be a common name in Belgium.



Once again. I kept seeing this name of beer again and again.

No comments: