Sunday, March 9, 2008

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne Report Part VI

The weather had held up. It was impossible to take good pictures with
my small digital camera.


His mustache has given him a great popularity. Steven Cozza has 
inspired his colleague, ex-Team CSC man, Dave Zabriskie. I can't
wait to see Dave with his version of Cozza impersonation.



This is, I believe, Anders Lund.



This is, I believe, Marcus Ljungqvist. He crashed but survived it and
finished the race.



This is Tom Boonen after the finish, heading to the bus.
He looks depleted and a bit disappointed.



This is Leif Hoste after the finish, heading to the bus. Look at the
poor little boy with his autograph book. This little boy recognized
Hoste and started running along him begging for his autograph.

I think the boy said something like, "Hoste, please give me your 
autograph, please." (of course in Flemish or something) Leif,
however, refused to stop and take a moment to do so. I don't
want to imagine what had become of this heartbroken little boy
afterwards.



Matti Breschel and Anders Lund??? after the finish, heading to the bus.



I met this cat at an autobahn rest area in Belgium. On my way home I had
to fill the car up. After filling up, I wanted to rest (and sleep) a
while in the parking lot in the back of the gas station.

This seemingly less-than-one-year-old cat was looking for food, I thought.
It (he or she), I believe, was a homeless cat living in this area.

I gave what I had: sliced smoked pork meat and some cheese.


Autograph collection after KBK (02.03.08)
  1. Stuart O'Grady
  2. Karsten Kroon
  3. Allan Johansen
  4. Kurt-Asle Arvesen
  5. Matthew Goss
  6. Anders Lund
  7. Matti Breschel
  8. Marcus Ljungqvist
  9. Lasse Bøchman
  10. André Steensen

No comments: