Thursday, April 19, 2007

Amstel Gold Race Part II

As the weekend nears, so does Amstel Gold Race. And it is 00:00 on 
Sunday 22nd April 2007. I am leaving in about an hour for Maastricht. 

I have Garmin StreetPilot c510 with me and the route is relatively easy.
I have brand-new Team CSC team short sleeve jersey, bibshorts and
the glove for 2007 that arrived on 18th. Last year, I had 2006 team
wear and was on Cervelo soloist. Soon after the race course was cleared 
(the van with a broomstick had passed), I rode the last strech of Cauberg
on my bike. A lot of people cheered at me. Even the officials and 
the people in the press booth did the same. It was like being Frank Schleck.

I don't expect anything. Maybe Frank Schleck repeats what he did
last year, or maybe not. It does not matter. It does not make any
difference. I just want to be there for the team I love.

OK, I am going to make some coffee and load my car with the stuff
before taking a shower.

No comments: