Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré

All of a sudden, out of the blue, I hit on the idea of following this particular
stage race. I decided to use most of my vacations following TdF 2007
around September 2006. I talked to my employer and colleagues about
my intention. I secured my vacations early this year.

I had still a week left. I thought I could spend this leftover 
late September at World Championship in Stuttgart. Stuttgart is practically
on my turf. Some colleague wanted that week and I gave it away.

I found out that I could take a week in June since none of my colleagues
had planned anything in June. Then I took a look at the Team CSC
race calendar. Team CSC is participating in Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré.

If I burned some midnight oil on 10th and 17th, I could watch all of the 
stages. Is it feasible? I'll see. I will study the parcours of CdDL and
decide what to do( or more exactly how to do it).

By "burning the midnight oil", I mean driving to a distant location
without sleeping overnight. I do this a lot. I have to do this if I want
to visit a race held on Sunday.

I think by the end of April, I will have driven more than 4,000km 
(maybe close to 5,000km and that is only in April and only on weekend)

Who beside me did (or does) this crazy race watch?:
Critérium International, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Rund um Köln,
Paris - Roubaix, Amstel Gold Race and Liège - Bastogne - Liège

I don't just stay at one place.
I did (or do) the Start, Feedzone(s) and Goal watch. By the end of the
race day, I am as exhausted as the riders who ride the race. I know 
my exhaustion does not compare to that of the riders. 

Sometime I wonder why I am doing this. I don't know but only 
my passion for race watch keeps me going.

No comments: