Monday, April 16, 2007

Paris - Roubaix Part III

Goodbye, Lars Michaelsen and Congratulations, Stuey.

I am back from Paris - Roubaix. It is Monday morning. I had several stops
on the way back from Roubaix and slept in the car. I finally came home
now, 10:30.

This year's Paris - Roubaix was, I think, a very special edition for Team 
CSC. I mean, EVERYBODY was there. Bjarne Riis, B. S. Crhistiansen
Brian Nygaard, at least three DS's, (even Steffen Bach Larsen, Webshop
co-orinator, was there obviously from RVV- Hey, send my order as soon
as possible) and at least three mechanics and so many other people from
Denmark, an engineer from ZIPP, Gérard Vroomen (co-founder of Cervélo,
whose autograph I got later on my bike at the Goal in Roubaix),
at least three soigners and etc. It was much like Tour de France deployment
and concentration.

Of course, there were reasons for the team to be this much prepared. First,
it is Paris - Roubaix, the Queen of the classics. Second, Team CSC has a
defending rider. And third, Lars Michaelsen has made it his departing
race.

Natuarally, my biggest concern was to have him autograph my sweater,
which I could not. But it is OK. I have his autograph from last year. 


To be updated later ....

No comments: