Thursday, April 5, 2007

Paris - Roubaix Part I

I will go and see Paris - Roubaix. It will be the first time ever to be there.
I am planning to drive first to Compiègne to see the start, then
somewhere in the middle to them in action and then to Roubaix to 
see the goal.

The Ravitalleiment is between Beuvry-la-Forêt and Tilloy-Lez-Marchiennes.
It is about 150km from Compiègne using A1, A2 and A26. I can do it in
2 hours including the time to find the parking. Without the use of
motorway, which costs in France,  it will take 3 hours or so. The race will
pass the ravitalleiment in 4 hours after the start so that means that I can
also be somewhere to see the riders struggle through the cobblestone sections. 

Should I try to get to some cobblestone sections before the ravitalleiment?

After the ravitalleiment, I will directly drive to Vélodrome in Roubaix
to see the "finale". That is all I have planned so far. I have to study the
parcour.

It is going to be a very tough day for me. I will have to drive more than
1,100km in about 30 hours.

No comments: