Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré Part II

I consulted with Garmin MapSource (City Navigator Europe v9). I also
checked the official site of Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré. The prologue
takes place in Grenoble. I was there once in 2006. I shopped at a
Decathlon shop, where I bought some camping equipment.

From my place, it is over 650km to Grenoble. I guess the prologue
starts sometime around noon since the prologue is a short ITT. If
I drive 8 hours and rest for 4 hours, I will be in Grenoble by noon.

The route suggested by the program leads to Grenoble by way of
Switzerland and only a short strech of highway through France. 
I like this idea since the vignette valid for one year (2007) in
Switzerland is only around 30 euro. If I take a route through 
France, where you pay the toll as you go, it would cost more.

The last stage ends in Annecy. From there, I have to drive
550km back home. It won't be that bad.

The official site has not posted the detailed info on the stages.
They have only a JPEG file showing the rough sketch of the
stages (as of 26th April 2007). I have to wait a little bit
and study the stages by the time the details come out. I have
to decide where to go watch the race and where to stay the nights.

It would be like a rehearsal for TdF.

No comments: