Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ronde van Vlaanderen Part IV

So the weekend is coming. I am preparing for the weekend. I changed the
oil of my car. I think I will be riding over 4,000km in April.

The  preparation for this extended weekend race watch is somewhat
complicated. Driving to one place to another and staying ahead of the race,
finding the place to park quickly and staying overnight economically and
comfortably.

I will drive to Brugge, the start of RVV, and then to Ninove by way of
two feedzones (ravitalleiment in French, bevoorrading in Dutch).
I might manage to see one of those notorious climbs.
To do that, I have to plan well. Using Garmin's MapSource, I can 
simulate the driving to see if my plan is feasible. I am devising a
way to see the FD1,  Oude Kwaremont and FD2 before driving to
the goal.

Later that day, I will be in Leverkusen near Köln (Cologne), where
the start of Rund um Köln is located. The camping site I have found is
"Camping Waldbad". The place is open around the year. All I want is
to take a hot shower and have a sound sleep.

Moving from Leverkusen to Rösrath (FD is near this city) is not a
problem. MapSource suggests a route with Autobahn A3. I have to
be at the FD early enough not to see any police officers closing the
streets.

9th April, in the evening there is a Team CSC fan club event. Karsten
Kroon will be in the chat with the fans. I have to drive home real fast 
to join this event. This chat event was planned by someone
who had no idea that some fan would have trouble coming home 
after watching Rund um Köln in time for the chat.

No comments: