Monday, April 23, 2007

Amstel Gold Race Part III

I had fun even though Team CSC could not defend the title. It 
does not matter. What matters is that Frank Schleck finished
the race with 10th place despite the crash (an impressive result)
and he seems to be OK, not seriously injured. We have to wait for
a confirmation on that subject. He has, no doubt, gone through
a medical diagnosis by a doctor by now. I hope that he has suffered
just slight bruises and cuts and nothing serious.

I was standing directly in front of his mother when it happened.
There was a big screen over the bridge about 200m before the
finish where Andy&Frack Schleck fanclub member had set up
their post. I won't not writing this if Frank had suffered
serious injuries. I saw his mother look under and put her hand
beside her face to screen the view from the big screen that 
showed her son down on his back. 

I will jot down the chronological account of AGR in Part IV
but for now I just wish Frank a quick recovery.

No comments: