Friday, April 27, 2007

Liège - Bastogne - Liège Part II

It is right around the corner. It is Saturday morning (00:00) as I write this.

I am planning to see the start (Liège), the first ravitalleiment (Bastogne), 
the second ravitalleiment (La Gleize - Stoumont) and the goal (Ans).

I have been to the first ravitalleiment. I was there in 2006. I met a couple, 
who I took a picture of and in return they did me. I met them only a week 
later at Giro d'Italia's prologue. There is a motorway connecting Liège and
Bastogne. So moving to Bastogne and coming back to Liège is easy.

In 2006, I think I arrived at the start around 05:00 in the morning. I
remember asking a couple who were walking down the street for
directions. They assured me that I had already arrived at the start.
I found a parking place (free on Sundays) and slept for a while. I took
out my bike and went to the start around 07:30, I guess. I waited for 
Team CSC bus and cars but somehow I missed them. The "equipes 
parking" was scattered around the start. It was not easy to find a
particular team bus or cars. By the time I found the bus, riders were
leaving, in fact, I saw only 3 or 4 riders coming out of the bus. No
autographs.

This year, I will do it better. Actually, I don't need to bother any 
riders for autographs. I have already had the participating riders
give their autograph for the saison 2007.

I am expecting to see some people, whom I have made the
acquaintance of through visiting race events. Anyway, I have to 
go to bed.

No comments: