Friday, August 3, 2007

Tour de France 2007: What I did during the TdF.

This post is also halfway done. This needs serious editing and corrections.
I post this crippled version to encourage the readers to be patient. I am
working on it but I don't have much free time.

Not complete!

I followed the stages starting the 2nd stage (Dunkerque - Gent) and all the way to the
last stage (Marcoussis - Paris Champs-Élysées). The following is a journal of a Team
CSC fan.

Originally, I was going to London (team presentation, prologue, the first stage)
to see everything but something happened (actually something not happened)
and I could not.

Anyway, I was;
Stage 2: at Start (Dunkerque), Ravitaillement (), Finish (Gent)
Stage 3: at  Start (Waregem), Ravitaillement (), Near Finish (Compiègne)
Stage 4: at Start (Villers-Cotterêts), Finish (Joigny)
Stage 5: at Start (Chablis) , Ravitaillement, Finish (Autun)

At the following 14 locations, I painted "rider's names, CSC, Bjarne Riis and etc."
on the road while waiting for the race to arrive.

"QUOTE" indicates the painting locations.
I was ;
Stage 6: at Fontaines (Ravitaillement) -- "in the middle of ravitaillement"
Stage 7: on top of Col de la Colombiere -- "about 2km to the summit"
Stage 8: at Tignes -- "between 4km and 2km from the finish"
Stage 9: on top of Col du Galibier --"2km to the summit"
Stage 10: at Cadarache (Ravitaillement) -- "in the middle of ravitaillement"
Stage 11: at Arles (Ravitaillement) -- "ditto"
Stage 12: at La Siège (Olargues) (Ravitaillment) -- "ditto"
Stage 13: at Côte de la Bauzié -- "1km to the summit"
Stage 14: at Plateau-de-Beille -- "between 7km and 5km from the finish"
Stage 15: at Aucazein (Ravitaillment) -- "in the middle of ravitaillement"
Stage 16: at Col d'Aubisque -- "from 1km to the finish"
Stage 17: at Masseube (Ravitaillment) -- "in the middle of ravitaillement"
Stage 18: at Journiac (Ravitaillment) -- "ditto"
Stage 19: at somewhere out of Sigogne -- "a long straight stretch of road"


Security precautions were too tight and I did not attempt to paint anything
on Champs-Élysées.
I was;
Stage 20: on Champs-Élysées in Paris near the Arc of Triumph.

No comments: