Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tour de France 2007: Stage 6

This is a preview! This posting is not finished.

This is the stage I started painting. I first painted on the road at Critérium
du Dauphiné Libéré. The very first time I painted was on the day when
le Mont Ventoux was the finish.




Here, at the request of two soigneurs of Team CSC, I painted Sab & Alex
with big and smaller hearts.




Here, I painted Pichon also asked by Team CSC stuff. Pichon was a staff
of Saunier-Duval Prodir, who was on good terms with Sab and Alex.



To my surprise, Bradly Wiggins came solo ahead of the peloton
I saw him win the prologue of Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré. I
knew he was a good rider (at ITT) but it did not occurred to me 
that he could do this kind of breakaway.


After finishing the painting, I took my bike out and surveyed the
area. I met a Norwegian couple. They were there for Thor Hushovd
and Kurt-Asle Arvesen. (We ran into each other on top of Col du
Galibier later)

They told me something about these two Norwegian guys. 
They are nice guys, indeed. Only the difference is that Arvesen 
shows it by smiling at his fans or so. On the other hand, Hushovd
is more inhibited and does not show his emotions.

This day, I got a bidon directly from Arvesen. He
recognized me and threw it at me. Thanks, Kurt!

All through the TdF, Kurt Arvesen kept smiling at me, waving at
me or doing something to show his gratitude toward my stupid
act as a Team CSC supporter whenever he recognized me. And 
that was so often!

I can tell that he is indeed a genuinely nice guy. No doubt! Other
riders? Of course, other riders are also genuinely nice guys. I have
to write about all the episodes. But for now, I repeat Kurt-Alse
Arvesen is a nice guy. 


At the finish, exhausted riders are heading for their team buses.

No comments: