Friday, August 3, 2007

Tour de France 2007: Stage 3

This post is no way done. It is a preview. I posted only pictures and
and their brief descriptions.

I checked out the camping site early in the morning.


At the start of Stage 3, I found this sign. It seems that these famous
ex-racers had some business deal with the Tour organizer. I think these
clubs had tents somewhere near the start and the paid business club
members had some perks (perquisites) like free coffee or meeting the
men in life. I never found out about what they were.



Teams arrived but they were inside the barricaded area and there was
no way I could get closer. So I drove to the ravitaillement without
seeing the start.



Euskadi riders came to the start on their bike. I guess their hotel was just
nearby. I am sure only Euskadi came riding their bikes. Others came by bus.


One of the ladies is a cousin of Laurant Lefevre, the Bouygues Telecom
rider. Another one of the ladies is (soon to be) a very unhappy owner of a
dented car.

There he is. He came ahead of the peloton. He attacked before the
ravitaillement because he had to be alone. His family, his relatives and
friends had to see him.


Vinokourov. What more can I say about him?


It seems Patrick Sinkewitz was happy with the lunch. He was OK that day.


Frank Schleck seems to have received the lunch. There is Erik Zabel there.


This, I guess, is the right way to get and to give the bag. Notice the
soigneur does not look at the rider, instead, he keeps keen eyes on
the next upcoming Lampre rider.


You see? Always keep your eyes on the next upcoming riders.



When a bidon with full content hits a car, this will happen. The owner
of the car was not happy.


After seeing the ravitaillement, I drove to the finish. I arrived at
Compiegne a little too late. I did not see the race. The organizer does
not give detailed information on where exactly the finish is located.
I wish the organizer gives more details as the organizer of Critérium
du Dauphiné Libéré.

1 comment:

Custom Getaways said...

If you go to the Tour next year you should try to get a tiny green book called "Carnet de route" and published by PMU. They are available in the Village Départ, so you'd have to find someone who wants to give you one (I will if you contact me next year ;-).

This contains all information about all stages including the detailed location of the finish!