Sunday, August 26, 2007

World Championship in Stuttgart Part I

This is Part I of guide to World Championship in Stuttgart.

I visited Stuttgart for the first time. What did I do in Stuttgart? I went
there to see how the World Championship parcours was like.

I took my Cervelo and enjoyed riding along the course. I got lost
five, six times or more. The map (PDF file downloaded from the
official site) was not so detailed. Luckily I had my GPS (Garmin
StreetPilot) with me and could get on track.

The parcours is simply "ups and downs". You find flat stretch only a
couple of times, for example, here on Stuttgarter Strasse for 600
meters (perhaps?)

The climb of Herdweg was great if not too short. The Herdweg is a
one-way street so technically, to climb, you can only ride your bike on
the side walk.



This is Stuttgarter Strasse. You are looking at the direction of
Tunnelstrasse. The street turns to the right. You can find some
interesting things in this picture if you look closer. Let me help.


First, the number 295 is the street name you are going to go. Second,
there is a building with S.O.B letters written on it. Son of B*tch? Third,
you may also notice that license number starting with S means that the
car is registered in Stuttgart, Germany.



You are looking back. Stuttgarter Strasse. This Stuttgarter Strasse is a
one-way street. So is Tunnelstrasse. But this stretch of Tunnelstrasse is
open not covered. How does this street get this name?


This is somewhere near the Start/Finish, I guess. The clock shows that
the time was 3:35 pm.


This was taken near the Start/Finish (Stuttgart Messe). As you can see,
there is a subway station underground.


At the Killesberg, you are looking at the direction that the race will go. 
As you can see, the road was very empty and quiet. It was Sunday.


The street Am Kochenhof (Start/Finish) takes a sharp turn to Lenzhalde.
You are looking at the triangle of Am Kochenhof, Lenzhalde and Herdweg.

No comments: