Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Deutschland Tour (Tour of Germany)

Today (27th March) this year's route was unveiled. It starts in
Saarbrücken (Friday 10th August) and ends in Hannover (Saturday
18th August). 

That means, because I am going to spend most of my holidays 
for Tour de France, that I can only watch the 3rd Stage, which starts 
in Pforzheim and ends in Offenburg. I guess Pforzheim is less than
100km from where I live and Offenburg is located about 200km. I 
have to look into the detailed course to see if I can do 3-point watch.
Not bad! I wish I had more holidays (Urlaub in German).

I will try to take a day off on Saturday 11th to see the TTT
(Team Time Trial or MZF, which in German reads
Manschaft-zeit-fahren) in Bretten (Karlsruhe).

In 2006, I followed 4 stages of D-Tour from Austrian Alps to Karlsruhe.
It was Tour of Jens Voigt. He dominated the Tour of Germany. Does
he do it again?

No comments: