Friday, March 9, 2007

Paris-Nice Part I

Sunday 11th March 2007

It turned out that Paris-Nice would take place as it was planned (or as it was not planned by UCI). Anyway, I will be there.

Last year I went to Paris for the first time in my life (excluding the time when I used Charles de Gaulle Airport). At that time I did not have a GPS navigation system and used a rental car. That day it was brutally cold and even it snowed a bit in the afternoon. It was fun seeing my favorite Team CSC. I did not do any sightseeing in Paris.

This year I plan to ride the prologue course early in the morning before the police stop the traffic and start clearing the bikers and pedestrians off the street. Last year I spent much time looking for the Start and did not have enough time to ride the course. I actually saw Bobby Julich and Jens Voigt cheking the course in the morning, though. This year, I don't have to worry about the geography and I can concentrate on what I should be doing, namely, riding the same course as my Team riders and watching the race.

No comments: